Practical Variography Using Supervisor
Practical and relevant advice for preparing and analysing variograms
This course will teach you the fundamentals of spatial analysis. You will learn: how variograms are calculated and what they mean, how geology is reflected in variograms, how data quality and the geological model can impact the variogram, how to interpret and model variograms, and how variograms impact the estimation process.
In this course you will learn:
- How variograms are calculated and what they mean
- How geology is reflected in variograms
- How data quality and the geological model can impact the variogram
- How to interpret and model variograms
- How variograms impact the estimation process
- Improve your analytical skills for variography - Increase your awareness of variograms pit-falls
- Pick up tips, hints and case studies for relevant and practical reference
The course covers the entire resource estimation process including;
- Applications and issues
- Preparing for variography - Calculating variograms
- Interpreting for directions of continuity - Interpreting ‘interesting’ variograms
- Modelling variograms - Relevance of variograms for Inverse Distance methods
- Practical application of variograms for kriging and conditional simulation
The course programme assumes attendees have some exposure to variography and are looking to fine-tune their skills and develop more practical awareness of pit-falls.
This course is designed for geologists responsible for resource estimation, estimating drill spacing or conditional simulation systems.