A practical step by step guide from data to resource
This 5-day course gives you a clear understanding of the resource estimation process from interpretation through to classification. Each attendee will receive a FREE temporary Supervisor software licence.
Topics covered in this course include:
- How to create a robust resource estimate using industry standard techniques
- How to combine geology and geostatistics to build a more realistic resource
- The legalities and practical guidelines for resource classification
The course will also cover the entire resource estimation process including:
- An overview of the resource estimation process
- The fundamentals of resource estimation
- The importance of geology and domaining
- Data validation and analysis
- Methods of estimation, including inverse distance and ordinary kriging
- Model validation techniques
- Practical resource classification
- An introduction to advanced estimation techniques
The course assumes a basic geological knowledge but does not assume any geostatistical knowledge.
This course has been designed for geologists and mining engineers involved with or about to become involved with resource estimation.