Introduction to Geostatistics
An introduction to the concepts and tools used in statistical and spatial analysis
This course uses clear practical activities to give you training in statistical analysis, spatial analysis/variography, and an understanding of estimation techniques.
Each aspect is examined using exercises and practical activities.
Topics covered in this course include:
- An overview of where geostatistics fits into mining
- The importance of assumptions, data integrity and geology
- Tools for statistical data analysis
- An understanding of variography
- Statistical inputs to estimation
This is an excellent refresher course for managers, miners, engineers and geologists and a practical introductory course for those wanting to learn how geostatistics fits into mining.