Introduction to Geostatistics
An introduction to the concepts and tools used in statistical and spatial analysis
This 1-day course uses clear practical activities to give you training in statistical analysis, spatial analysis/variography, and an understanding of estimation techniques.
Each aspect is examined using exercises and practical activities.
Topics covered in this course include:
- An overview of where geostatistics fits into mining
- The importance of assumptions, data integrity and geology
- Tools for statistical data analysis
- An understanding of variography
- Statistical inputs to estimation
This is an excellent refresher course for managers, miners, engineers and geologists and a practical introductory course for those wanting to learn how geostatistics fits into mining.