Advanced Resource Estimation
Take your knowledge of resource estimation to the next level
This 5-day course takes a hands-on approach showing you how and when to apply techniques such as co-kriging, multiple indicator kriging, conditional simulation and change of support.
Each attendee will receive a FREE 3 month Supervisor software licence.
In this course you will:
- Refresh your understanding of the kriging process
- Learn how and when to carry out co-kriging
- Use non-linear estimation techniques including multiple indicator kriging (MIK), Sequential Gaussian Simulation (SGS) and Sequential Indicator Simulation (SIS)
- Look at the Minimum-Maximum Autocorrelation Function (MAF) technique for simulating correlated variables
- Learn change of support techniques for forward planning – how to predict the grade-tonnage relationship at the mining scale
- Look at some of the many uses of conditional simulation for testing scenarios & quantifying risk
- Discuss new techniques being developed and how they might help us
All practical estimation and simulation activities will be carried out using GSLIB software, which forms the source code for techniques such as simulation in many of the commercially available software packages. All GSLIB based programs used during the course will be provided for the participants, including Snowden’s MAF simulation program. Snowden’s Supervisor software will be used for variography.
Basic concepts of geostatistics and variography will not be covered in this course.