Advanced Financial Modelling
Technical and financial modelling specifically aligned to the needs of the mining industry
This 1-day course covers: technical & financial modelling from rock face to product; quick builds for auditable nominal and real models; multiple scenario modelling; methodologies for depreciation, stockpiles, closure cost funding, data tables (tornado plots sensitivity analysis); along with some tricks of the trade.
This course will cover:
- The science of Cash Flow Modelling
- Overview of the current and new thinking regarding Cash Flow Modelling
- Building Cash Flow Models quickly
- Workable easy-to-understand short-cuts
- Tricks of the Trade
- Cash Flow Modelling best practice
- Layout and structure (workbook setup and worksheet structuring of inputs, calculations, outputs and appropriate level of detail)
- Contents (formulae, modules, time series); scenario modelling
- Building auditable nominal and real models
- Version control
- Use of flags; “corkscrew” structures for tax, depreciation, stockpiles, closure cost funding and working capital modelling
- Friendly and dangerous Excel functions
- Advanced modelling techniques
- Variable time series
- Indexation; risk analysis
- Automated scenario comparison
- Sensitivity analysis, including cost of project delay
LAPTOPS: Course attendees will need to bring their laptops to the training days.
You will need to have basic Excel skills for the practical work.
This course has been designed for master/power-users in Excel-based cash flow modelling, specifically aligned to the needs of the mining industry.